What you need to know about home health care.
What is home care?
Who operates home health agencies?
Questions to ask when choosing an agency.
What to expect with a certified home agency.
What is the difference between a medical and non-medical home care agency?
Questions to Ask When Choosing An Agency:
- Is the agency certified?
- How long has it provided care in your area?
- Has it provided care for people with needs similar to yours?
- Can you contact the agency after hours?
- Will it provide references from others who are familiar with its services?
- Does it provide the client with a care plan that specifies what services will be provided and by whom?
- Are the people who provide services licensed to do so?
- Does it check references and do criminal background checks before hiring employees?
How is Medicaid different from Medicare?
Medicare is a federal government-sponsored healthcare program primarily for seniors. Medicaid is healthcare for low-income families and is managed by both the state and federal governments. Medicare and Medicaid differ in terms of who they cover, how they are funded and governed.
Why use home health care?
– Helps reduce medical costs without loss of quality.
– Allows patients to remain in their homes, proud and independent.
– Allows for early discharge from hospitals and prevents/postpones care in a long term facilities.
– Can be personalized to meet the needs of each individual.
– Patients remain connected to healthcare providers, which allows them to feel confident in the quality and continuity of care, while they are also independent at home.
– Physicians find many patients recover sooner and more comfortably in the familiar surroundings of their home than they do in a hospital.