Directions: Fill in the blanks in the statements below (seven out of 10 correct answers required).
0 of 10 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 10 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. A _____ treatment is anything that maintains one or more bodily functions in a terminally ill person.CorrectIncorrect
2. The _____ model of dying says that the end of life is a time when we concentrate on making a dying person comfortable, improving the quality of life, and providing opportunities for the person to meet goals.CorrectIncorrect
3. A dying person has the right to relief from _____ and suffering.CorrectIncorrect
4. One of the goals of end-of-life care is relief from _____ and spiritual distress.CorrectIncorrect
5. You can relieve the discomfort of a dry mouth with small sips of liquid, ice chips, hard candy, and _____.CorrectIncorrect
6. You must _____ a terminally ill person without judging his or her decisions.CorrectIncorrect
7. Nausea, constipation, anxiety, _____ , difficulty breathing, and other symptoms should be reported to your supervisor so they can be addressed with medications or treatment.CorrectIncorrect
8. Advance directives are any oral or written _____ that a person has given about future medical care.CorrectIncorrect
9. Giving food and water only when it is wanted can allow chemical processes to occur in the body that actually _____ pain and discomfort.CorrectIncorrect
10. Competent adults have the right to refuse any treatment, including _____ and water.CorrectIncorrect