Directions: Select the best answer.
0 of 10 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 10 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. HIPPA stands for:CorrectIncorrect
2. _____________refers to preventing someone from hearing or seeing a person’s private health records and information unless he or she has the proper authorization.CorrectIncorrect
3. HMOs are not considered “covered entities” under HIPAA.CorrectIncorrect
4. The patient record is included in the protected health information (PHI).CorrectIncorrect
5. If a frontline staff member wants to disclose a person’s PHI for purposes of providing healthcare, the provider needs to obtain the person’s _________.CorrectIncorrect
6. A covered entity must allow a person to view and photocopy his or her PHI if that person submits a request.CorrectIncorrect
7. Home health agencies and other covered entities are required to do all of the following except:CorrectIncorrect
8. A cover sheet marked “Confidential” should accompany all faxed information.CorrectIncorrect
9. Even if frontline staff are certain that the person they are speaking with is permitted to hear certain information, they should not discuss a patient’s PHI__________.CorrectIncorrect
10. If uncertain as to weather a family member needs to know information about a patient, frontline staff should___________.CorrectIncorrect