Directions: True or False?
0 of 10 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 10 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. There is a difference in nutritional needs in the elderly compared to younger adults.CorrectIncorrect
2. The elderly need fewer calories and also fewer vitamins and minerals in their food.CorrectIncorrect
3. Any weight loss or weight gain in a patient should be reported to a supervisor.CorrectIncorrect
4. Protein needs increase during acute illness or surgery.CorrectIncorrect
5. A diet that does not contain needed amounts of protein, vitamins, and minerals may slow the healing of a wound.CorrectIncorrect
6. Someone who cannot eat enough food at a meal because of fatigue or poor appetite must wait until the next meal to eat (it is healthier to eat only 3 meals per day).CorrectIncorrect
7. Signs of malnutrition include tiredness, weight loss, and slow healing of a wound or sore.CorrectIncorrect
8. In the elderly, decreased thirst and poor intake of fluids could lead to dehydration.CorrectIncorrect
9. A person whose body severely lacks fluid can suffer heart and blood vessel collapse and even death if not treated quickly.CorrectIncorrect
10. When you pinch the skin on the back of someone’s hand it will spring back to normal quickly if the person is dehydrated.CorrectIncorrect